Re: Fuzzy Clustering

Thomas Mantay (Thomas.Mantay@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE)
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:29:49 +0200

saswss@hotellng.unx.sas.com (Warren Sarle) writes:

>There is no way to answer this question without knowing what the vectors
>mean, why they are not the same length, and what the purpose of the
>analysis is.

The vectors are feature vectors extracted from a speech signal. To be
more exact they represent utterances of spoken words. Every 10 ms that
vector is extended by (in my model) 20 components. And now it becomes
clear, why they're not of equal length: Words of different lengths produce
vectors of different length, so there is a need to align the vectors
adequately. BTW this even holds for two utterances of the same word.

The purpose of the analysis is to find out the spoken word from a given
vector, a fuzzy-classification-method for automatic speech recognition, that
is.

Regards, Thomas