Re: Request: empirical determination of membership-functions

Taner Bilgic (taner@ie.utoronto.ca)
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:16:03 +0200

armin.eichinger@stud.uni-regensburg.de wrote:
> Does anybody know of (linguistic, psychological, ...) studies dealing
> with the empirical determination of membership-functions, operators,
> and/or other fuzzy logic constructs? I'd be happy to hear from you!

> My e-mail: armin.eichinger@stud.uni-regensburg.de

I have the slides of a recent talk on this topic which is available from
http://analogy.ie.utoronto.ca/~bilgic/tanerpubl.html
The talk is a precursor to our extensive review of the measurement and
elicitation of membership functions literature to appear in the Dubois and
Prade (eds.) International Handbook of Fuzzy Systems, Volume I, Foundations
(in preparation).
There is also a BibTeX database of references for measurement and elicitation
of measurement functions accessible using the same URL. Comments are welcome.

--
Taner Bilgic                      taner@ie.utoronto.ca
Enterprise Integration Lab.       Tel:(416) 978-0910