Opinions on Kosko?

Brand (khiller@copper.ucs.indiana.edu)
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:58:17 +0200

Subject: Opinions on Kosko?
Newsgroups: comp.ai.fuzzy

I'm relatively new to this topic, and as an introduction I'm reading Bart
Kosko's "Fuzzy Thinking".

Kosko has some bitter things to say about the scientific establishment and
its resistance to fuzzy theory, as well as some far-reaching claims about
fuzziness and its role in the scheme of the universe.

I'm wondering how he is regarded (if at all) by people in these parts.
Brilliant maverick, pioneer, loose cannon, crackpot? How much credit (if
any) does he have for the growing interest in fuzzy theory in the West?

Just curious,

Karl
visit The Courts of Chaos: | Everything is vague to degree you do not
http://nickel.ucs.indiana.edu/ | realize until you have tried to make
~khiller/home.html | it precise. - Bertrand Russell