Re: double inverted pendulum

Mike Hunt (andersen@elec.uq.edu.au)
Thu, 2 May 1996 12:02:56 +0200

James Hayes wrote:

> Hi folks,just a quick question. Has anyone successfully implemented a double
> inverted pendulum and if so would they be willing to share this information
> with me.

If you mean "successfully controlled a double inverted pendulum"
then the answer is yes, though I'm not sure if it has been done
using fuzzy logic. Suykens, Vandewalle, and De Moor describe a
neural network solution to the problem in their book, "Artificial
Neural Networks for Modelling and Control of Non-Linear Systems".
It was published by Kluwer Publishing earlier this year.

Regards,
Hans Andersen,
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of Queensland,
Brisbane, Queensland,
Australia.