Re: Genetic fuzzy

Steve McGrew (stevem@comtch.iea.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:38:37 +0200

In article <JAKES.96Apr18113655@suntiger.ee.up.ac.za>, jakes@ee.up.ac.za
(Jaco Vermaak) wrote:
> I'm looking for any references (papers, tech-reports, etc.) that discuss the
> design of fuzzy logic controllers using genetic algorithms. I would really
> appreciate any responses in this regard. Please reply by e-mail if possible.
> Thanks!

I haven't been through the exercise, but I'll bet you could define a
fuzzy logic controller by a list of numbers at the top of an Excel
spreadsheet, so that the spreadsheet produced a merit function or fitness
for any such list of numbers.
If you can do that, I'll also bet that Generator can do a fine job of
optimizing the controller design (that is, finding the optimum values for
the list of numbers to define the fuzzy controller).
Please check our home page at www.iea.com/~nli. A free demo of
Generator can be downloaded from there.
Regards,

--