Subject: SCI'2001 cfp
From: Nagib Callaos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 18:01:05 MET
CALL FOR PAPERS
THE 5TH WORLD MULTICONFERENCE ON
SYSTEMICS, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS
July, 22-25, 2001
Honorary Presidents: Bela Banathy, Stafford Beer and George Klir
Program Committee Chair: William Lesso
General Chair: Nagib Callaos
Organizing Committee Chair: Belkis Sanchez
* Information Systems Development
* Information Systems Management
* Management Information Systems
* Virtual Engineering
* Mobile/Wireless Computing
* Communication Systems and Networks
* Emergent Computation
* Image,Acoustic,Speech and Signal Processing
* Computing Techniques
* Human Information Systems
* Education and Information Systems
* Control Systems
* Economic and Financial Systems
* SCI in Biology and Medicine
* SCI in Psychology, Cognition and Spirituality
* Conceptual Infrastructure of SCI
* Natural Resources
* Human Resources
* Globalization, Development and Emerging Economies
* SCI in Art
ACADEMIC AND SCIENTIFIC CO-SPONSORS
· WOSC: World Organization on Systemics and Cybernetics (France)
· The Center for Systems Studies (UK)
· Systems Society of Poland
· Society Applied Systems Research (Canada)
· Slovenian Artificial Intelligence Society
· Simon Bolivar University (Venezuela)
· Polish System Society (Poland)
· Italian Society of Systemics
· ISSS: International Society for the Systems Sciences (USA)
· ISI: The International Systems Institute (USA)
· IFSR: International Federation of Systems Research (Austria/USA)
· IEEE / Latinamerica
· Cybernetics and Human Knowing: A Journal of Second Order Cybernetics and
· CUST, Engineer Science Institute of the Blaise Pascal University (France)
· Concurrency and Architecture Group, the Telematics Engineering Department of
The Univesity of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria (Spain).
· The Tunisian Scientific Society (Tunisia).
ORGANIZED BY THE IIIS
The International Institute of Informatics and Systemics.
Those interested in participating in:
· the Organization of Invited Session(s)
· the Organization of a Focus Symposium
· the Reviewing Process
· the Conference Promotion
· Recommending Scholars/Researchers in order to have an active
participation and/or submit the papers.
· Proposing Organizations/Institutes/Universities as Academic/Scientific
Please enter to the conference web site (http://www.iiis.org/sci/) and fill
form.If you have any problems linking to the conference web site, or you
need to send or receive additional
information, contact the General Chair Professor Nagib Callaos:
Participation of both researchers and practitioners is strongly encouraged.
Papers may be
submitted on: research in science and engineering, case studies drawn on
practice and consulting, and position papers based on large and rich
through executive/managerial practices and decision-making. For this
Program Committee is conformed according to the criteria given above.
TYPES OF SUBMISSION ACCEPTED
2.Panel Presentation, Workshop and/or Round Table Proposals
3.New Topics and Invited Sessions Proposals(which should include a minimum
of 5 papers)
4.Focus Symposia(which should include a minimum of 15 papers)
EXTENDED ABSTRACTS AND PAPER DRAFTS SUBMISSION FORM
Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent taking into account the
1. Major theme of the paper, related to the major themes given above.
2. Paper title.
3. Extended abstract of 500 to 1500 words and/or paper drafts of 2000 to
5000 words, in English.
4. Author or co-authors with names, addresses, telephone number, fax number
and e-mail address.
Extended abstracts or paper drafts should be sent to the conference web
site (http://www.iiis.org/sci/),filling the respective
form and uploading the respective paper or extended abstract.If the
conference web site is not accessible for you, you can also make
your submission by internet, or attach it to the folowing address
email@example.com and WMSCI2001@aol.com.
Exceptionally, three copies of extended abstracts or paper drafts
might be sent to the following postal mail address and/or faxed to the
7525 Karlov Avenue
Skokie, Illinois 60076
1-407-8566274 (Orlando, USA)
58-2-9621519 (Caracas, Venezuela)
December 15,2000 Submission of extended abstracts (500-1500 words)or paper
February 16, 2001 Acceptance notifications
April 13, 2001 Submission of camera/ready papers: hard copies and
PAPERS REVIEWING AND PUBLICATION
Submitted papers will be checked. Accepted papers, which should not exceed
spaced typed pages, will be published by means of paper and electronic
Papers should be sent by internet and by means of diskette and photoready
hard copies of artwork.
Best papers will be selected for awards and recommended for journal
Multiple author books will be published by iiis, based on the best-invited
sessions, the best focus
symposia or best mini-conferences.
Based on past conferences experience we suggest the following steps in
order to organize an invited session:
1) Identify a special topic in the scope of SCI 2001, and the invited
2) Fill the invited session organization form, provided in the conference
web page. If you don't have access to the web, contact the General Chair,
via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
3) If the identified topic is suitable, the General Chair will accept the
proposal, and you will receive an acceptation by e-mail, in few days. This
acceptation is not a final approval of the proposed session, but a
Final approval will depend on identifying at least five papers for the
proposed session and informing, at least,
about their titles. With this acceptation a) the proposed session will be
included in the conference web page as well as its organizer and chair
name: and b) its organizer will be able to announce his/her invited session
in the context of SCI 2001, by any media that he/she thinks appropriated,
such as: Web page, hard copy call for papers, call for papers attached to
4) Contact researchers and/or practitioners in your field to see if they
can contribute a paper to your proposed session and attend at SCI 2001.
5) Collect the extended abstracts or the paper drafts from each prospective
6) Write a summary (1-2 page) with the main objectives, which must be
related to the invited/selected papers.
7) As soon as you have 5 papers, you will complete the form in regard to
the invited session papers, provided in the conference web site.
8) Step 7 will take your invited session to the status of an approved one,
if the papers fulfil all the requirements (papers quality, etc). All the
approved invited sessions will be included in the SCI 2001 conference program.
Integrated by (210) prestigious scholars/researchers from 54 countries.
Details can be found in the conference web page (http://www.iiis.org/sci/)
or asked for a detailed Call For Papers, by e-mail.
The conference fees will be $330 before April 13, 2001 and $380 after April
13, 2001.This fee will include:
* A CD-ROM version of the Proccedings
* One volumen of the hard copy version of the Conference Proceeding.
(Other volumes will be available with a 30% of discount for participants)
* Coffee breaks
* Welcome Reception
Prof. Nagib Callaos (General Chair)
E -mails: ncallaos@ usb.ve(Academic)
USA Phone: +1
USA Fax: +1 (407) 856-6274
Venezuela Tel/Fax (office): +58 (2) 962-1519
Venezuela Fax (office): +58 (2) 272-2832
Other contacts and More details can be found at the
Conference web page (http://www.iiis.org/sci/). Answers to
specific questions can also be requested by e-mail.
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to email@example.com
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Mon Nov 06 2000 - 18:05:32 MET