Subject: Neural / KBS Conference in Brighton
From: Dr R.J.Howlett (R.J.Howlett@bton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 16:28:17 MET
===================== KES'2000 - Last call for papers ======================
A HIGH-QUALITY CONFERENCE IN BRIGHTON, A REALLY BRILLIANT PLACE!!
4th Int. Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Engineering Systems
& Allied Technologies -- 30th & 31st Aug, 1st Sept 2000
UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON, SUSSEX, U.K
Web site: http://luna.bton.ac.uk/~kes2000/
An IEE co-sponsored conference.
-- LAST CALL FOR PAPERS ----------------------------------------------------
Papers are invited for the 4th KES conference, which promises to be a very
special event, forming a truly international forum for the presentation of
recent work and the exchange of ideas on Generic Intelligent Systems and
Techniques, Applications of Intelligent Techniques and Related Technologies
including Web-Based Systems.
BRIGHTON is the most enchanting, exciting, historic, extraordinary seaside city
in Britain. It has a cosmopolitan air, pubs and restaurants, feverish nightlife,
heritage and an abundance of culture; the place defies comparison with anywhere
else this side of the Channel. If you love life, welcome to Brighton, which is
an ideal place for a meeting of prominent researchers in modern technologies.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS: Please see the KES2000 web site for the format of papers
and other submission details. All papers will be rigorously reviewed.
DEADLINES: Receipt of papers: 1 March 2000, Acceptance notification: 1 May 2000
Receipt of final papers: 1 June 2000. All presenting authors must register with
payment by the 1 June 2000 for their papers to appear in the proceedings.
-- OUTLINE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME ---------------------------------------------
==== WEDNESDAY 30 AUGUST 2000 ====
TUTORIAL PROGRAMME: Pick and mix from the following half-day tutorials
- Classifier fusion
- Image acquisition for machine vision
- Combination of supervised and unsupervised learning for RBF networks
- Non-invasive data analysis
- Fuzzy-neuro controller design and industrial applications
- Dimensionality reduction techniques and interactive visualisation methods for
EVENING CONFERENCE SOCIAL RECEPTION: Drinks and an opportunity to see Brighton
==== THURSDAY 31 AUGUST & FRIDAY 1 SEPTEMBER ====
KEYNOTE ADDRESSES: Experts from world renowned research institutes, e.g. the
Polish Academy of Sciences, the Universities of Sheffield, Tokyo and Newcastle,
will give keynote addresses:-
- Applications of intelligent systems to process engineering
- Towards dynamic knowledge interaction, and
- Computing with words,
- Intelligent Engineering in Biomedicine
SPECIAL SESSIONS: Prominent researchers have agreed to chair oral and
poster sessions on exciting new topics, for example:-
- Knowledge-based intelligent signal and image processing
- Intelligent techniques for internet resources
- Fusion of knowledge-based and intelligent systems
- Neuro-fuzzy techniques for knowledge discovery
- Applications of evolutionary algorithms for optimisation
- Image processing, pattern recognition and computer vision
- Novel generalised architectures for optimisation of pattern classification
- Knowledge-based systems and engineering
- Fuzzy systems
- Neural networks for speech and vision
- Quality control by artificial vision
- Socialware and socialmedia
- Human computer communication and control: developments and applications
- Industrial applications with artificial intelligence
- Intelligent techniques in communications, multi-media and the WWW
- Intelligent agents for searching information on the WWW
- Soft computing technologies for pattern recognition
- New frontiers for logic and uncertainty by the semantic field
- Interactive community media
- Processing of hierarchical structures in neural networks
- Biomedical applications of neural networks
- Neural computing in medicine
- Natural language processing
- Emerging technologies in edutainment and interactive art
- Metrics in neuro-dynamics
- Web-based and intelligent hardware
- Learning by analogy: a connectionist approach,
- Intelligent virtual sensors in IC engines
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics
EXHIBITORS: A table top exhibition will run alongside the conference. Contact
the KES2000 Secretariat for details.
CONFERENCE DINNER: Thursday 31 August, pre-dinner social followed by multi-
course dinner with wines.
FEES: The conference fee has not been fixed yet, but we aim to keep fees
low to enable the maximum to participate, and to provide a pleasurable, high-
quality conference with value for money.
ACCOMODATION: Low cost accommodation will be provided in new student study-
rooms, or there are many hotels in the lively sea-side town of Brighton.
SOCIAL PROGRAMME: In addition to the conference dinner, there will be an
optional programme of trips for accompanying persons, for example to Buckingham
Palace, home of the Queen and Royal Family, to Arundel Castle which has history
dating over hundreds of years, Brighton Laines famous for its shops, and the
Body Shop which has its headquarters in Sussex.
KES2000 SECRETARIAT CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS: KES2000 Secretariat,
Engineering Research Centre, School of Engineering, University of Brighton,
Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN2 4GJ, United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 1273 642501 Fax: +44 1273 643976
KES2000 Web site : http://luna.bton.ac.uk/~kes2000/
THE SMALLPRINT! All the above information is given in good faith, but is
provisional and subject to change.
-- End -------------------------------------------------------
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL email@example.com"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Thu Apr 06 2000 - 15:59:43 MET DST