IMS'2000

Subject: IMS'2000
From: Emin Aydin (eaydin@csd.abdn.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 14:58:18 MET DST

CALL FOR PAPERS- IMS'2000: VISIONS FOR THE FUTURE

3rd INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INTELLIGENT MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS

Sakarya, Turkey
May 25-26, 2000

Deadlines:
Paper submission: September 30, 1999
Notification of acceptance: December 30, 1999
Final manuscript due: January 30, 2000

Advisory Committee: I.CALLI (SAU-Rector) (TR), O.GUVENEN (TR), L.A.ZADEH
(US), I.B.TURKSEN (CA), M.SUGENO (JP), A.KANDEL (US), E.H.MAMDANI (UK),
P.P.WANG (US), M.MUKAIDONO (JP), A.GOLDENBERG (CA), A.DOGRAMACI (TR),
O.SAATCIOGLU (TR), G.ULUSOY (TR), M.A.EYLER (TR), S.HATA (JP), A.F.KONAR
(TR)

Conference Chairman: I.B.TURKSEN (CA)

Co-chairman: C.DAGLI (US)

Co-chairman: H.TASKIN (TR)

Program Chair: E.OZTEMEL (TR)

Co-Chair: G.CAGIL (TR)

Local Organizer: A.K.TURKER (TR)

International Program Committee: M.S.AKSOY (TR), O.BALCI (US), J.BEZDEK
(US), G.CAGIL (TR), I.H.CEDIMOGLU (TR), C.DAGLI (US), H.DOGRUSOZ (TR),
A.DOGRAMACI (TR), M.DUDZIC (CA), M.A.EYLER (TR), M.S.FOX (CA),
G.GENCYILMAZ
(TR), W.GLUWER (CA), A.GOLDENBERG (CA), C.ISIK (US), S.HATA (JP),
K.HIROTA
(JP), M.HITOMI (JP), B.KAFTANOGLU (TR), A.KANDEL (US), A.S.KIRAN (US),
O.KIRCA (TR), G.K.KNOPF (CA), A.F.KONAR (TR), H.KOSHIMIZU (JP),
S.KAYALIGIL
(TR), C.KUBAT (TR), S.KUNDU (US), A.KUSIAK (CA), E.H.MAMDANI (UK),
M.MUKAIDONO (JP), I.OR (TR), M.ORAL (TR), A.F.OZOK (TR), E.OZTEMEL (TR),
D.T.PHAM (UK), L.ROCHA (US), O.SAATCIOGLU (TR), J.SAIADEK (CA), M.SMITH
(CA), F.SOLIMAN (AU), M.SUGENO (JP), H.TANAKA (JP), H.TASKIN (TR),
B.TOPAL
(TR), O.TORKUL (TR), R.TRAPPL (AT), Y.TSUCHITANI (JP), A.K.TURKER (TR),
I.B.TURKSEN (CA), G.ULUSOY (TR), A.VELLA (UK), P.P.WANG (US), H.R.YAZGAN
(TR), L.A. ZADEH (US), H.ZIMMERMANN (GE)

ORGANIZED BY: Sakarya University, Department of Industrial Engineering

SPONSORS: IFSA (International Fuzzy System Association), University of
Toronto

CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:

Agile manufacturing, Knowledge-based Systems, Hypermedia
Business process reengineering, Enterprise modeling
Artificial intelligence technologies, total product life cycle
Automation, CNC & robot programming languages, Computational
Intelligence,
Computer vision, Decision support systems, Data mining, Expert systems,
Fuzzy sets and logic, Fuzzy chaotic systems, Genetic algorithms,
Intelligent
agents in manufacturing, Intelligent systems perspectives, Systems
modeling
& simulation, Neural networks, Process technologies, Robotics,
Semiotics,
Post-modernism
Information systems, Database design, Distributed information system
design,
Decision support systems, Management information systems, Executive
support systems
Information technologies, Virtual factory, Cyber factory
Inspection and testing, Lean production, Manufacturing systems
engineering
Intelligent systems design strategies
Forecasting, Prediction consumer preference, Market share
Manufacturing for defense industries, Human sensory factors
Product design strategies
CAE/CAD/CAM, Group Technologies, Work Planning
Production planning / scheduling / control
CIM - Computer integrated manufacturing, FMS - Flexible manufacturing
systems
Rapid prototyping, Simultaneous engineering / Concurrent engineering,
Storage & retrieval systems, System design & integration, Quality
control

SPECIAL INVITED SPEAKER: Prof. Orhan Guvenen

KEYNOTE SPEAKER: L. Zadeh

INVITED SPEAKERS: A. Kandel, A. Kusiak, M. Mukaidono, M. Sugeno, I.B.
Turksen

SPECIAL SESSION: by H. Koshimizu on "HUTOP" Human Sensory Factors for
Total
Product Life Cycle-An IMS project

PANEL DISCUSSIONS: Future Visions of Manufacturing Systems

VENUE: The symposium will be held in Esentepe Campus, Sakarya
University,
Adapazari/Turkey. Note that the conference will be broadcasted alive in
internet (as done with IMS'98). Selected papers will also be published
in
the Journal of Robotics and Automation (as done with IMS'98)

EXHIBITION: There will be facilities for companies to demonstrate their
information technologies and manufacturing system design tools

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL SESSIONS: The conference will feature several special
sessions, tutorials and invited sessions. If you are interested in
organizing any of these please contact Prof.Dr. I.Burhan Turksen

SUBMISSION FORMAT: Submission of papers are welcomed on the topics
outlined
above. 3 copies of full papers in English should be received by the
symposium secreteriat by 30th of September, 1999. The paper should be
structured as follows:
* First page: title, authors, mailing address of each author, telephone
and
fax numbers, e-mail address
* Second page: title authors, 200 word abstract, and the submission area
* Third and succeeding pages: title, and text including tables, figures
and
references (max. 8 pages)
Paper acceptance: The papers will be evaluated by the International
Programme Committee. Each accepted paper must be presented within a 20
minutes period and the manuscript must be accompanied by a paid
registration. All conference participant, excluding invited persons,
must
pay the conference registration fee and their own travel expenses.

SUBMISSION ADDRESSES
Prof.Dr. I.Burhan Turksen
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering,
University of Toronto,
Toronto/Canada
Tel: +01 416/978 8214
Fax: +01 416/978 3453
E-mail: turksen@mie.utoronto.ca

Prof.Dr. Cihan Dagli
Smart Engineering System Lab,
Dept. Of Engineering Management
University Missouri-Rolla
Missouri/USA
E-mail: dagli@umr.edu

Prof.Dr. Harun Taskin
Dept. of Ind. Eng.,
Sakarya University
Esentepe Campus,
Adapazari/Turkey
Tel: +90 264 3460353-57/265
Fax: +90 264 3460351
E-mail: taskin@esentepe.sau.edu.tr

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
turksen@mie.utoronto.ca (I.Burhan Turksen, Conference Chairman)
taskin@esentepe.sau.edu.tr (Harun Taskin, Conference Co-Chairman)
eomam@mam.gov.tr (Ercan Oztemel, Program Chair)
ims@esentepe.sau.edu.tr (Symposium Address)
or
http://www.sau.edu.tr/~ims

Dr. M. Emin AYDIN		tel:	+44 1224 272304 (office)
University of Aberdeen		   :	+44 1224 620247 (home)
Dept. of Computing Science	e-mail:	eaydin@csd.abdn.ac.uk
King's College, Aberdeen,UK	      	m_emin@rocketmail.com
AB24 3UE		      homepage:	http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~eaydin