vacancy in VRP

Subject: vacancy in VRP
From: Patrick Prosser (pat@cs.strath.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 14:43:51 MET DST

Job in Vehicle Routing (ESPRIT Project 20603)
We have a vacancy for a researcher within the GreenTrip project
in the APES research group in the Department of Computer Science,
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland.

The vacancy is for 5 months, ending on 31st December 1998
(you could start 1st July, but would then have to finish up on
30th November). The salary will be based on an annual salary
of 22,000 UK pounds.

The Project
~~~~~~~~~~~
We are developing a generic toolkit for vehicle routing problems
(vrp's). The collaborators are SINTEF (Oslo), Tollposte-Globe (Oslo),
Pirelli (Milan), and ILOG (Paris). The project is in its final stages,
and has so far resulted in the Dispatcher toolkit, built upon
ILOG Solver.

The project is of 3 years duration, in total 43 person years of
effort, started 1/1/96, and will terminate 31/12/98.

The Ideal Candidate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ideal candidate has used ILOG Dispatcher, ILOG Solver, C++, has an in
depth knowledge of vehicle routing problems, and is a post doc.
Of course, the candidate will also want to work within the APES research
group here at Strathclyde. If you don't meet all of the above criteria
but have used ILOG Solver and C++ and are interested in spending some time
in the APES group, then we might be interested in you.

Relevant URL's
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 http://www.cs.strath.ac.uk/~pat/index.html
 http://www.cs.strath.ac.uk/~ps/GreenTrip/
 http:/www.cs.strath.ac.uk/~apes/
 http://www.ilog.fr/
 http://www.oslo.sintef.no
 http://www.pirelli.com

If you are interested
Contact me (address below), giving me a brief CV.

Patrick Prosser, Department of Computer Science.
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G1 1XH, Scotland.
email: pat@cs.strath.ac.uk tel: +44 141 548 4303 fax: +44 141 552 5330
http://www.cs.strath.ac.uk/biography/pat/