Local Search applications for the job shop

Subject: Local Search applications for the job shop
From: ANANT SINGH JAIN (A.Z.JAIN@dundee.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 04 1996 - 10:32:44 MET

Dear Scheduling Group Members,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the latest works
concerning local search applications for the jobshop and what the
current state-of-the-art methods are. Such as Tabu Search, Genetic
Local Search, Simulated annealing, etc. ?

I know of several works:

Nowicki and Smutnicki (1996)
Balas and Vazacopoulos (1995)
Vaessens et al. (1996)
Aarts et al. (1994)

but l am wondering if there are any others or technical reports from
particular institutes that l have overlooked !

I thank you in advance and wish all the members a very Merry
Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully 1997 will give you all
continued happiness and success.

Kind regards,

Anant
Anant Singh Jain