Lecture Announcement: Andreas Weiermann

From: Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 14:23:38 MET DST

    Kurt-Goedel-Gesellschaft

    Lecture Announcement
    --------------------

    Andreas Weiermann
    ==================
    (Westfälischen-Wilhelms Universität Münster)

    Analytic combinatorics and proof theory
    ------------------------------

    Using methods from analytic
    combinatorics we obtain optimal Friedman style independence
    results for first order Peano arithmetic and its fragments.
    We get an optimal classification for the slowly
    well quasi orderedness of the class of finite trees in
    terms of Otter's tree constant $2.95576 \ldots$
    and we obtain a classification for the slowly
    well orderedness of $\epsilon_0$ using
    a result of Yamashita.
    We further obtain similar classification results
    for hydra games, Goodstein sequences and
    we present a refinement of the Paris Harrington
    result.

    Montag, 13. Maerz 2001, 16:00

    Institut f\"ur Computersprachen E185.2
    Favoritenstr. 9, E185-2.