Change of date for Miki Hermann's lecture

Subject: Change of date for Miki Hermann's lecture
From: Helmut Veith (kgs-owner@dbai.tuwien.ac.at)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 16:33:10 MET DST

The date of the following lecture has been changed to

 FRIDAY, MAY 28

Lecture Announcement

Miki Hermann
=======================
LORIA, Nancy

May 28, 17:00

On the Complexity of Counting the Hilbert Basis of a Linear Diophantine System

Abstract:

   We investigate the computational complexity of counting the Hilbert
   basis of a homogeneous system of linear Diophantine equations. We
   establish lower and upper bounds on the complexity of this problem
   by showing that counting the Hilbert basis is #P-hard and belongs
   to the class #NP. Moreover, we investigate the complexity of
   variants obtained by restricting the number of occurrences of the
   variables in the system.

PLACE:

Seminarraum SEM 181A, Institut fuer Informationssysteme,
Paniglgasse 16, 1. Stock, 1040 Wien.

Kurt-Goedel-Gesellschaft
Technische Universitaet Wien
Institut fuer Computersprachen E185.2