RE: Fuzzy vs Neural

Constantin von Altrock (cvaltrock@csi.com)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:03:06 +0100 (MET)

> I work for a major beverage company, and I just got assigned to figure out
> the best way to control a vessel(mainly temp and pressure). We are trying
> to figure out the best way to control the vessel with new
> technology in the advanced controls arena. Can anyone recommend a book(s)
or
> website(s) that would get me started in the right direction with respect
to Fuzzy
> Logic and Neural Neworks.
> In my brief research, Fuzzy Logic is a great decision maker, but a Neural
> Network can tightly control a system by supervised or unsupervised
> 'learning'. Then again, I could be utterly wrong.
> Any help would be great. Thanks.

Please visit www.fuzzytech.com and download the demonstration software. It
contains a complete animated simulation ("steam") of a temp and pressure
control in a vessel. You can use the demonstration software to evaluate the
fuzzy control rules during operation and see the effects of modifications.
Also, you find introductory articles about fuzzy logic and neural-fuzzy
applications to the chemical and food industry.

I am sure you find fuzzy logic a fascinating control technique for
multi-variable optimization in real-world processes.

Good luck,

Constantine.