Re: Simpson's Paradox and Quantum Entanglement

karl malbrain (karl_m@acm.org)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:53:12 +0100 (MET)

Andy Spragg <sparge@globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> PoinT? PoinTS thrice, dear boy - with economy of words and at no extra
> cost.
>
> 1) If YOU had a point (non-sequiturial incomprehensible
> psychobabbulatory samples follow):
(...)
> it wasn't obvious to anyone except you.

History belongs to the energetic, not to those seeking COHERENCE at the
expense of LEGALITY. The effect was the ORIGINAL poster LOCKING DOWN
DETERMINISM, historically. Where exactly are you GROUNDED???

> 2) PEOPLE WHO LEAVE CAPS LOCK ON MIGHT BE JUST FORGETFUL OR STUPID -
> PEOPLE who ALTERNATE between CAPS and SMALL letters ARE obviously
> DOING it BY design RATHER than ACCIDENT. But it doesn't impress anyone
> - garbage in capitals, garbage out capitals. Hence:

Sorry, you'll just have to live with it, now and for a time. If you're
really, really, patient, it will come around again for you to, hopefully,
make an intelligent CHOICE next time. That's what this thread is all
about -- SUBJECTIVE CHOICES.

> 3) a little pun on your surname - do you know any French? I am
> joculaly speculating whether the bizarre nature of your prose is
> connected with cerebral illness.

Well, I hope you're never, ever, near any ACTUAL people. Those of us who
aren't striving for VIRTUALITY would consider you DANGEROUS in a
face-to-face encounter, what with your OFF-HANDED DIAGNOSIS and all.

> Still, full marks for:
>
> >> Did you learn the art of communication from Carl Sagan, the man WHO
> >> put THE emphasis ON all THE wrong words?
> >
> >Sorry, I'm of absolutely NO help with this question. Karl M

Thanks, Karl M