Re: Simpson's Paradox and Quantum Entanglement

karl malbrain (karl_m@acm.org)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:47:27 +0100 (MET)

<ca314159@bestweb.net> wrote in message news:81119m$o43$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Simpson's Paradox:
> http://curriculum.qed.qld.gov.au/kla/eda/sim_par.htm
>
> Simpson's Paradox is a statistical artifact related to
> hidden variables. Here it in terms of quantum entanglement.

Simpson's description of VINGH as a SUBJECTIVE/OBJECTIVE problem -- WHO is
trying to change ownership of WHAT property for their SINGULAR benefit.
HISTORY is a MAJORITY subject.

> Given that
>
> 1) A and B are complementary
> 2) A and B are both true XOR A and B are both false
>
> then, that 1) contradicts 2) is the essence of Simpson's Paradox.

No, you are only describing a SINGULARITY by ignoring (or hiding) the
SUBJECTIVE/OBJECTIVE contradiction.

> We can make an arbitrary determination that "A is True"
> to resolve that paradox, but this choice is arbitrary as we could
> equally have chosen to make the determination that
> "B is True". Regardless of the choice we can then instantly
> determine the complementary variables state as "anti-correlated".

There are NO arbitrary DETERMINATIONS. Each is a SUBJECTIVE choice unique
to the INDIVIDUAL's HISTORY.

> Similarly, in entanglement the arbitrary measurement of
> a polarization or spin state will instantly (non-locally)
> determine the state of the anti-correlated entangled twin.

You are only trying to prove that THINGS don't CHANGE -- trying to get
something for nothing. Karl M