Re: Filters, Superpositions and Entanglements

karl malbrain (karl_m@acm.org)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:22:32 +0100 (MET)

<ca314159@bestweb.net> wrote in message news:81e9ij$uiq$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <6Vg_3.597$tk4.12701@typhoon-sf.snfc21.pbi.net>,
> "karl malbrain" <karl_m@acm.org> wrote:
> >
> > <ca314159@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> > > In article <%G_Z3.307$_5.32066@typhoon-sf.snfc21.pbi.net>,
> > > What is brisbane/san mateo about ?
> >
> > It's a TRANSLATION of STOP-THE-DRAFT-WEEK, October 1967, Oakland, CA.
> This
> > time the CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO was blacked out. I used the example
> based on
> > your `handle', California PI.
> >
> > > Even a pure noise signal is distinguished from
> > > non-noise. That's a sort of paradox making noise
> > > somewhat predictable.
> >
> > I don't believe that there's another common interpretation of
> > the COSMIC BACKGROUND `ZERO' SIGNAL.
>
> Is that distinct from the idealized zero-point of a
> _vacuum_ in quantum theory ?

The strategy for STOP-THE-DRAFT-WEEK ran smack into changing the economics
of the larger community. You're right, it was an idealized zero-point. The
strategy needed is BRING THE WAR HOME.

> If you can distinguish anything, it is in respect to
> 'something else'. What is that 'something else' ?

The DISTINGUISHMENT is CIVIL. The boundary between SAN MATEO and BRISBANE
runs along similar lines as the boundary between OAKLAND and BERKELEY. The
difference in years is of no significance.

> The cosmic background radiation is said to be the hiss remnant
> of the big bong. How can they distinguish that from the
> electric hiss of a very cold resister in a dewar ?

Now we've got the crux of the problem. Who is `they' here? You're the one
who is having trouble telling the difference between FORWARD and BACKWARD.

> Is it because there is some directionally dependant
> nature of the CBR ? Is CBR a scalar field with a superposed
> (overlaid) abstract vector field ?

Time moves forward without changing direction.

> I'll have to look into CBR some more...

Why don't you try looking at your OWN HISTORY and JOINING others
SUBJECTIVELY. Stop worrying about OBJECTS.

> > > Very similar to a space-heater
> > > which uses a large resistance, rather than a more
> > > _informative_ circuit; it, the heater, provides only the
> > > singular distinction of hot and cold.
> >
> > No, heater usage provides an indication of which side of the
> > energy war you're on. Most people CAN'T AFFORD TO USE THEM.
> > They have to go out to the forrest and chop what's left of the
> > wood.
>
> And the electric company then pays them for the heat,
> unless it's nuclear, and then the wood burners are
> out of a job. A real Escher jigsaw puzzle enigma.
>
> Figure out where 'money' comes from, and you figure out
> where 'energy' comes from and vice versa.

Now you have the basis for an ANALYSIS. When was the last time you looked
at where yours comes from? Karl M