Re: Filters, Superpositions and Entanglements

ca314159@bestweb.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:21:29 +0100 (MET)

> > In article <%G_Z3.307$_5.32066@typhoon-sf.snfc21.pbi.net>,
> > What is brisbane/san mateo about ?
>
> It's a TRANSLATION of STOP-THE-DRAFT-WEEK, October 1967, Oakland, CA.
This
> time the CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO was blacked out. I used the example
based on
> your `handle', California PI.
>
> > Even a pure noise signal is distinguished from
> > non-noise. That's a sort of paradox making noise
> > somewhat predictable.
>
> I don't believe that there's another common interpretation of
> the COSMIC BACKGROUND `ZERO' SIGNAL.

Is that distinct from the idealized zero-point of a
_vacuum_ in quantum theory ?

If you can distinguish anything, it is in respect to
'something else'. What is that 'something else' ?

The cosmic background radiation is said to be the hiss remnant
of the big bong. How can they distinguish that from the
electric hiss of a very cold resister in a dewar ?

Is it because there is some directionally dependant
nature of the CBR ? Is CBR a scalar field with a superposed
(overlaid) abstract vector field ?

I'll have to look into CBR some more...

> > Very similar to a space-heater
> > which uses a large resistance, rather than a more
> > _informative_ circuit; it, the heater, provides only the
> > singular distinction of hot and cold.
>
> No, heater usage provides an indication of which side of the
> energy war you're on. Most people CAN'T AFFORD TO USE THEM.
> They have to go out to the forrest and chop what's left of the
> wood.

And the electric company then pays them for the heat,
unless it's nuclear, and then the wood burners are
out of a job. A real Escher jigsaw puzzle enigma.

Figure out where 'money' comes from, and you figure out
where 'energy' comes from and vice versa.

> > Is the ground acting in this manner ?
>
> Grounds are leakage shunts and potential points at ONCE. Karl M

Leakage, hmm, that rings a bell or two,...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.