Re: Looking for good AI books.

dis80145 (dis80145@port.ac.uk)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:21:43 +0100 (MET)

Although not strickly speaking what you asked for you could do no wrong
by taking a look at "The Muse in the Machine" by David Gelenter.

Or alternatively , if you can get hold of it , A book b y my AI
lecturer Prof Tom Addis
"Systems Modelling and Databases" it deals with alot of the things
covered in my AI module such as formal systems etc...

Another book.

Godel, Escher,Bach: The eternal golden brade by Douglas Hofsteader
(winner of the booker prize no less) is an amusing look at formal
systems, Typographical Number theory and Godels incompleteness theorum.

Hope you find some of these interesting.

-Daz