Re: TRAILS

Ivo Vollrath (vollrath@informatik.uni-kl.de)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:10:14 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

P K A Barz wrote:
> We are currently developing a new software programme (TRAILS) with a variety
> of applications, e.g. in e-commerce, the travel industry and academic
> research in 'sustainable tourism'. For this we require a fuzzy logic
> programme. Can you help us with identifying our needs and - if possible -
> identifying a potential supplier?

Most of the topics you mention have recently been addressed by
Case-Based Reasoning (CBR) systems. Though CBR is NOT fuzzy logic,
it is a method of "fuzzy" reasoning with a lot of applications.

To decide whether CBR is suitable for your needs, I would need more
information about your project.

You should find all the information you need about Case-Based Reasoning on
CBR-Web at http://www.cbr-web.org/ (of which I am the current maintainer).
There, you will also find CBR projects, applications, tools, and shells.

Kind Regards,

Ivo Vollrath.

--
Ivo Vollrath, Univ. of Kaiserslautern