Re: Fuzzy graph isomorphism

Benoit Debaque (bdebaque@cybercable.fr)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:27:21 +0200 (MET DST)

Thank you William for your reply, your questions permit me to get a clearer
view of my problem.

First, I constructed an andjacency graph between the extracted segments of
an image, each node represents a segment and arcs represent relations
between them, for example one of the relations describe the normalized
angles between adjacent segments, therefore the labels attributed to the
adjacency graphs are fuzzy in the sense that the relative angles values are
vague due to the image acquisition & extraction process. Membership
functions are described for certain angles intervals. There is others
attributes such as distance, segment length, etc. each of one describing a
unary fuzzy relation between discrete sets. This is how the "fuzzy data
graphs" are constructed.

Furthermore, given an approximated viewpoint of a projected CAD model of the
object of interest, a description of the relations of the segments is given
in an adjacency attributed graph in a similar manner aforementioned ,
finally "fuzzy model graphs" are constructed.

I think of matching those two graphs so to recognize certain common
structures. I thought of using isomorphism with error correction, i.e. using
cost functions to permits overdetected features to be taken into account
during the recognition process, the best matched features will be revealed
with the match having the minimal cost function.

My problem is more like describing those cost functions, knowing that the
following possibilities are available:
- delete a vertex
- delete an edge
- insert an edge
- label a vertex
- label an edge

since my graphs are not binary but rather discrete numbers comprised between
[0,1], it would be clever to use fuzzy operations (similarity measure) as
cost functions.....

I hope this gave you a better understanding.

Benoit