Re: news test

Earl Cox (ecox@metus.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:34:35 +0200 (MET DST)

Well, Benjamin Franklin once said that people get the government they
deserve. I suggest that business men/women who scoff at AI will wind up
getting the technology they deserve.

Very few AI solutions to serious problems can be optimized by programmers of
any level of proficiency.

I would suggest that, when talking to business people, you emphasize the
application of machine intelligence techniques to solving generally
difficult or intractable business problems. I would also suggest learning
something about the industry and its tough problems _before_ meeting with
your business men so you can talk intelligently about how your background
can be leveraged to tackle _their_ problems. Show your knowledge of the
industry and what they need solved and I promise you they won't be laughing!

Earl