Re: Fuzzy & Music

Maurizio Gabrieli (gabrieli@mclink.it)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:23:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Neil Derraugh wrote:

> Maurizio Gabrieli wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > someone know if there are some appications in music of fuzzy logic?
> > thanks
> > Maurizio
>
> there several i believe.. from what i know about fuzzy logic... which
> isn't very much.. trust me.. are you looking to apply it to music or are
> you looking to hear it in music.. i can't help you with applying it
> because it should be extremely obvious that all music IS fuzzy logic..

Maybe all music is fuzzy, but there are some some musical arguments, like
musicology, that I think can have an aid from new approach to AI as is for
fuzzy logic.

> but if you want a clear cut example of fuzzy logic music i'd suggest
> getting some psy-trance.. or possibly some off the DHR (Digital Hardcore
> Recordings)..

I try to search this...

> check out binaural beats too.. that's about as fuzzy as I'm gonna get in
> this newsgroup.. but if you want more info on anything respond here and
> i'll keep checking over the next couple of weeks.. ;)

Thanks, Neil

> --
> where did all my friends go?

Maybe they are gone to the beach! As I do for next days... ;)

(Sorry, but I write english like an Italian because I'm an Italian)