Re: How to Choose the correct Fuzzy Operators

Scott Dick (dick@morden.csee.usf.edu)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:26:02 +0200 (MET DST)

Scott Shindeldecker wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a student at Kettering University in Flint, MI who is doing some
> research into Fuzzy Logic. I was wondering if anyone out there knows any
> good references available online or in print that I can read to explain how
> to choose the correct fuzzy set operators for different situations. I know
> that there are many different types of set operators out there and each have
> different effects, (for example Mean, Bounded Sum, Yager, etc...) and I am
> looking for a good explanation as to when to choose one over the other.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Scott Shindeldecker

Try D. Park, Z. Cao, A. Kandel, "Investigations on the Applicability of
Fuzzy Inference," Fuzzy Sets and Systems vol. 49, pp. 151-169, 1992, for
starters.

*  Scott Dick                   *                                     *
*  Research Assistant           *       Cool & brilliant thought      *
*  USF Computer Science         *       still under contruction       *
*  dick@morden.csee.usf.edu     *                                     *