Re: simulation of automatic steering of robotic vehicle

Han Feipeng (enhfp@eie.polyu.edu.hk)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 01:26:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I had done some experiments same as your works to do. I have the feeling of
your work, no experience of robot but "AI" toy car (rebuilt the controller
of a remote controlled toy car, 4 wheels.)
1. one sensor mounted at the front of the cat used to steer and avoid
obstacles.
2. Calculating the pulse of motor brush as a "sensor" to detect the speed of
the car and distance it moved.
3. remember the way taught by the remote operator and repeat the
performance.

This car works very funny, but far from success because I had the AI of my
embedded program not the real AI or fuzzy that time. Now it's clear that I
know what the fuzzy and NNs can do, and I start doing some simulation on
MATLAB & SIMULINK. further more, I am interested by the SIMULINK's fuzzy
toolbox Demos. eg. Inverted pendulum on cart with Animation. if your robot
like a bike. it will be more complicated than this demo£¬and more
challenging.

regards,

F. P. Han