Re: microcontrollers for fuzzy logic project

Rich Grise (off-duty@entheosengineering.com)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 15:41:23 +0200 (MET DST)

I'm currently doing a project that uses the Motorola 68HC705P6
(there's dozens of versions of it) and the development unit,
68ICS05P, was USD$99.00. And it comes with a very sophisticated
windows "IDE" for, I think, "Integrated Development Environment."
Built-in A/D's, a really cool timer that you can use (and I am)
for SCR phase control, and so on. The Reall-Time In-circuit emulator
is MUCH more expensive - the simulator runs from 10 to 25% as
fast as the real circuit, so doing the timings could be kinda
tricky (That's the stage my project is at right now), but
other than that, it's rather neat - I can single-step, watch
the registers, and one of the panels is a little graphic with
the state of all the I/O pins displayed.

If you want to buy one, call Zack Boyd at Newark, 800-639-2759
and tell him Rich Grise, Entheos Engineering sent you ;)

Good Luck, and have fun!
Rich