Re: help: Decision Making software needed

Earl Cox (ecox@metus.com)
Mon, 3 May 1999 16:12:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Well, certainly FuzzyClips would be a good choice for a rule-based fuzzy
expert system approach to this problem. But the particular _kind_ of problem
outlined here is much better suited to solution by using the OWA operators
of Ron Yager or the extended ME-OWA operators developed by Michael and Nadja
O'Hagan. The Fuzzy Decision Maker implements the O'Hagan ME-OWA (Minimum
Entropy-OWA) allowing a user to rank objectives and provide crisp as well as
fuzzy constraints.

Earl