Re: Using AI nat-lang bots to teach each other...

Arjan Broer (abroer@mediaport.org)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:40:11 +0200 (MET DST)

ikdancer wrote in message ...
>Is anyone aware of work being done with getting natural language bots to
>teach (advance) each other?
>
>If this is possible, you may want to ponder what implications this may have
>in the future....
>
>I noticed one of our members, "parmentier" has a bot "Achilles" that speaks
>french (and a little bit of english and swedish!!)..

I was not aware of this, but i would like to brainstorm a little about the
future. When two entities speak to each other and are capable of learning
from each other it would be possible that they adapt to each other. This
would impley that the two enities can create a living language. Now this is
very intresting because it would mean that the two bot wil start to create a
language that one be understoot by themselfs. But because thay also will be
able to speak there native language they wil be able to teach others there
new living language. Maybe in the future the bots are going to teach us a
language that is much more efficient than the sorry sounds we make.

Greetz
freak_B