Re: Fuzzy rules extraction

savinov@usa.net
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:12:45 +0100 (MET)

> Can anybody tell me about work done in the area of extracting fuzzy
> rules from input/output data sets. I would appreciate any references,
> books, papers, URLs.
>
> Thank you
>
> Fuad Bajjali

Hi,

Recently I've developed an original algorithm for fuzzy rule induction,
called Optimist, which is based on methods of fuzzy multidimensional
analysis. The idea itself is described in the paper "Application of Multi-
dimensional Fuzzy Analysis to Decision Making", online version of which
(HTML, PS and WinWord) can be found in my home page:

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/7220/

(section Online papers or Publications). In the described approach the
fuzzy rules are generated by a special method of fuzzy covering which is
not very efficient. The Optimist algorithm uses more efficient approach
based on the notion of fuzzy _prime_ disjunction and transformation from
fuzzy DNF representing data to fuzzy CNF representing knowledge. The
algorithm has been implemented within the Logical Kernel Library as a
number of classes in C++. However, at the current moment only crisp version
has user interface. This rule induction system, called Chelovek, is available
for evaluation. You can download it from my home page (section Dowload
software). It works under Windows'95 and requires DAO 3.5 to access data.
Although it is a prototype version it allows to run the algorithm and view
the result.

Regards,

Sasha Savinov

--
Alexandr A. Savinov, PhD
Senior Scientific Collaborator, Laboratory of AI Systems