Re: Companies Using AI for Banking Applications?

Stephen A. Landry, MBA (land3902@rh.edu)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:19:18 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 prodigy9@cableinet.co.uk wrote:

> Hi, I am interested to find companies or indeed banks/financial
> institutions based in the UK who are using AI, GA neural networks etc
> to create new systems for trading, portfolio analysis, risk management
> etc.

I wrote a paper on the uses of AI for business, which you can find on my
website below. The html version includes links to any online resources.
One quote I used from the April 15, 1995, issue of the Economist states:
"Nearly 70 [percent] of Britain's top 100 companies [in 1995]--from
British Gas to Boots the chemist--[were] using neural technologies in
some way or planning to do so [by 1997], according to a study by the
Department of Trade and Industry." If you contact DTI, they should be
able to provide you with more info. A major use of AI by banks is for
fraud detection.

---
Stephen A. Landry, MBA              |    Providing Solutions to
Managerial & Statistical Consultant |   Your Business Challenges
landry@jwp.bc.ca                    | http://www.jwp.bc.ca/landry/