Re: I need help with mapping software for a robot...

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:01:49 +0100 (MET)

>I just completed a robot that I have been working on for some time.....
>
>my problem is, that I need to create a mapping software ,
>that will track and map my robots movements so, it wouldn't
>get lost and so it can go from one room into the other room
>with no problems..
>
>I want to write this program in compiled basic.

You have a nice problem, and I see no reason you can't write your program in
compiled BASIC.

Will your computer be mounted on the robot, or will it be in a fixed place? I
have no idea how your computer will know where the robot is. Alternatively,
your computer might know which direction your robot is headed, and how fast it
is going. Can you send information on this to me?

Willliam Siler