Re: usage of fuzzy control

Josef (71351.356@compuserve.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 01:06:28 +0100 (MET)

b_sprouts@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<75esaa$t9q$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>hi
>
>can you please tell me what fuzzy control can be used for except of
inverted
>pendulums. must be thinks that i can build.

I think Fuzzy Control can be used where any other control would be used.
However, its an engineering decision to select the most appropiate type of
control system. Generally, you would use FC where a math-model control is
not available or cost effective (in terms of development, package, support,
etc.).

For example, Automotive Transmission control could be done via traditional
controls. Someone made a decision that a FC would be economical or provide
a better control surface. Or perhaps, given the needed inputs and outputs,
a math model would have been very difficult to create. I'm just guessing
here.

Josef.