Re: AI - WHY? Trading Systems predicting indices.

blah (blah@blah.com)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 20:11:13 +0100 (MET)

A look at the site reveals they are predicting the daily absolute
level of the index, thus a naive forecast would probably be more
accurate.

On the other hand, in the text on the site, they also claimed
"Generally, the direction and extent of market movement are
correct more than 90% of the time."

FWIW, if they are 90% accurate on direction alone, they should be
among the richest folks on the planet in no time at all. Like
already. And I'd say the odds of that are < 1%.

;)