Re: Transfoming probability distributions into fuzzy sets -

Carlos Gershenson (carlos@jlagunez.iquimica.unam.mx)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:38:55 +0100 (MET)

To make the index, you could use first more than one truth value for each
variable, and then use the degree of contradiction operator proposed in
multidimensional logic in order to build the index. Please visit

http://132.248.11.4/~carlos/mdl

Regards, Carlos

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Alexandre Evsukoff wrote:

> Prezado Mario,
>
> Nao conheco metodo para representar incerteza associada a um numero por um
> unico valor. Entretanto, se representas a incerteza na forma de um
> distribuicao de possibilidades, podes calcular um "envelope" que engloba o
> valor preciso, representando os graus de possibilidade (limite superior) e
> necessidade (limite inferior) para utilizar em seguida em inferencias.
>
> Da uma olhada em:
>
> Foulloy and Galichet: "Typologie of fuzzy controlers". Theoretical Aspects
> of Fuzzy Control. h. Nguyen et al. (editors) J. Wiley Publishers,1995.
>
> Eu venho de terminar meu doutorado e estarei voltando ao Brasil em breve. Se
> voce quiser, nos podemos discutir mais adiante.
>
> Um abraco
>
> Alendre Evsukoff
>

> A 23:52 15/11/98 +0100, mariosb a écrit:
> >Fuzzy number can be represent aspects of fuzziness, ambiguity,
> >imprecision and others forms of the uncertainty presents in data. It's
> >possible to obtain quantitative measures of these aspects? I know a
> >fuzziness index and a ambiguity index related in the literature, but I
> >don't know formulations of the one fuzzy imprecision index. I think that
> >the one fuzzy imprecision index can derive the theoretical comparsion of
> >probability density and membership functions formulations. Can someboby
> >point to papers or aspects about the construct of this index.
> >
> >Thanks,
> > Mario Cesar S. Barboza

> >(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
> >fuzzy-owner@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
> >(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
> >http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/ftp/mlowner/fuzzy-mail.info
> >(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html

> (3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
> fuzzy-owner@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
> (4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
> http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/ftp/mlowner/fuzzy-mail.info
> (5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html

"Intelligence is when you can have at the same time two contradictory
thoughts. One example of it, is that we know that mankind is lost... and,
althrought, we do everything we can to try to save it."
-Scott Fitzgerald

Carlos Gershenson
http://132.248.11.4/~carlos/