Re: fuzzy clustering

david_olmsted@my-dejanews.com
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 05:38:52 +0100 (MET)

In article <keeley.6.000895B4@doc.mmu.ac.uk>,
keeley@doc.mmu.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have had great help from readers of this newsgroup in the past, so I'm
> asking yet again !
>
> could any of you point me to information on fuzzy clustering, and any general
> stuff on unsupervised learning ?
>
> Big thanks in advance
>
> Keeley
>
> please post or email to K.Crockett@doc.mmu.ac.uk

Keeley,

MIT has a new cognitive and brain sciences encyclopedia on the web at
http://mitpress.mit.edu/MITECS/ which has a Computational Intelligence section
with an article on unsupervised learning (also an article on fuzzy logic by
Zadeh himself).

My site at http://neurocomputing.org has a page entitled "The History and
Principles of Neural Networks" which reviews unsupervised learning in neural
networks. That site also gives an example of how standard multivalued logic
(fuzzy logic with the addition of a Conditional operation) in the form of a
circuit can implement unsupervised learning. You will find this in the
Tectum - Reticular Formation page since it is meant to represent that part of
the brain.

Sincerely,
David Olmsted