Re: Fuzzy logic for expert system

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:24:37 +0100 (MET)

> The results of each of the solution techniques is in the form
>of a statistical distribution (not necessarily normal). We have different
>levels of confidence in each of the solution techniques, and, therefore, a
>different confidence associated with each of the results (distributions).
>I'd like to be able to combine each of these distributions in some way and
>compute an overall confidence in the "combined" results. Can fuzzy logic
>help me with this?

Probably. Consult a good fuzzy systems theory book (Klir and Yuan, "Fuzzy Sets
and Fuzzy Logic", Prentice Hall PTR (1995) is an authorative souce. If this is
confusing, try a more complete statement of your problem on comp.ai.fuzzy for a
little more assistance.

William Siler

Odium ignorantem est odium infantem,
sed odium savantem est odium ferentem!