Re: Request for information from a complete non-fuzzy person

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 00:58:25 +0100 (MET)

>Personally, I tend to think of fuzzy logic (and company) less as
>an alternative for probability, replacement for PIDs or
>competitor with deductive logic than as a sometimes convenient
>method of sculpting a response surface (whether by hand or
>automatically, as through fuzzy c-means).

Certainly this is a heavy use of fuzzy logic. However, it is not very
interesting to me; I'm much more interested in the emulation of thought
processes. Fuzzy systems theory, including fuzzy logic, fuzzy set and fuzzy
numbers is terrific for emulating verbal thought. The control people only use a
fraction of the capabilities of fuzzy systems theory.

William Siler