Re: Fuzzy logic in image pattern recognition

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:03:43 +0200 (MET DST)

> I would be grateful for some information, how to use fuzzy logic
>in image pattern recognition.
>
>I've made my Diploma Thesis by using Fuzzy Clustering
>Methods for Multidimensional Pattern Recognition

It is certainly true that fuzzy clustering has been a primary tool in pattern
recognition. However, fuzzy clustering has the disadvantage of not making use
of expert knowledge in the characteristics of the patterns being looked for.
The alternataive which we have used is the classic patern recognition
techniques of segmentation, feature extraction and a fuzzy expert system to
classify the patterns by a fuzzy expert system which inputs fuzzy features.
This has proven very satisfactory in our current project, detection of alarm
conditions for patients in an intensive care unit.

William Siler

Odium ignorantem est odium infantem,
sed odium savantem est odium ferentem!