Re: comments on AI

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 01:26:43 +0200 (MET DST)

John Yen wrote:

>The AI community is also much more open-minded these
>days. I think it is our responsibility to show and demonstrate
>how soft computing and AI can be combined synergistically
>to push the technology frontier of information technology.

I have no idea how to show and demonstrate something we have been doing for
years. If Earl Cox's deployed systems haven't had any effect, what can those of
us who have constructed fewer real-world systems do? Even the fuzzy people pay
no attention to us, let alone the AI community. I'm speaking now for myself,
Earl Cox and Bill Combs. The three of us have about given up on having any
effect.

William Siler

Odium ignorantem est odium infantem,
sed odium savantem est odium ferentem!