Re: Adaptative fuzzy systems and classification

WSiler (wsiler@aol.com)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 01:46:18 +0200 (MET DST)

>If one uses the method of Temporal Derivation
>on binary logic in which one passes a train of 1's and 0's
> through the operators one comes up with the logic rules of
>Lukasiewicz and Zadeh.

David, you have spent a lot of time on the history of multivalued logics, and
no doubt have available a wide range of texts on the subject. I don't have
either your knowledge of the history or much in the way of texts, and can find
nothing on the method of Temporal Derivation. In any event, I find it hard to
understand how passing a single train of 1's and 0's can produce information on
combining two truth values. In a previous message on this subject, I gave an
example of how passing two trains of paired 1's and 0's can give rise to any
multivalued logic between OR = max(p, q) and AND = min(p, q) at one end of the
scale to OR = min(1, p+q) and AND = max(0, p+q-1) at the other.

So if you could clue us in on what the method of Temporal Deviation is I'd
appreciate it.

Bill Siler