Re: I am making a computer game

Guillaume FOURTAUX (gfourta@veritas-software.fr)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:39:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

I've made with friend a game a few years ago. It was a tactical wargame
based on the Battletech Game.

The problem for the computer player is to evaluate the position of the
game at a moment. Who is winning ? Is the situation favorable to the
player, to the computer, equal ?

So I've developped a fuzzy controller to evaluate a situation.
Evaluation was made with fuzzy sets of a some important parameters
(geographic position, power of each player, ...)

With that you can determine an evaluation of the instant situation.
After that you can use some fuzzy rules to determine the decision of the
computer.

We tried that and with only 12 parameters and 5 fuzzy sets for each and
around 10 rules, the computer won 90% of the game.

Guillaume.
Post sales engineer
Veritas Software