Re: fuzzy code examples

Anthony Green (agreen@globalserve.net)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 02:08:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Your area of interest is very suitable for a general application of fuzzy logic to
decision making processes. In particular, fuzzy logic is most suitable to
multi-attribute/criteria decision-making. There is a wealth of literature, e.g.
Bellman & Zadeh - Decision Making in a Fuzzy Environment, Prade - Operations
research with Fuzzy data, Kwakernaak - Rating and ranking of Multi-Aspect
Alternatives Using Fuzzy Sets, Chang - On Risk and Decision Making in a Fuzzy
Environment, Asai, Tanaka and Okuda - Decision-Making and its Goal in a Fuzzy
Environment.........not to mention the classic papers by Zadeh, Yager, Dubois,
Gaines and Mamdani. If you begin with some of these you should find numerous other
cross references that may lead to some specific papers on your mining operations.
But, the general principles of fuzzy in decision-making could readily be adapted to
your environment.

Good luck!