Re: fuzzy code examples

Anthony Cowden (cowden@sonalysts.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 01:04:10 +0200 (MET DST)

s2700114@nickel.laurentian.ca wrote:

> I have read Bart Kosko's book 'Fuzzy thinking' and I was quite impressed with
> it. Right from the first page, I could think of possible uses in my choosen
> field of study, Mining Engineering. I am in third year and wish to pursue
> fuzzy logic with more vigar. I am currently writing code in visual basic 5.0
> to control the temperature of a simulated shower system.
> Now my question, Would any one have some good learning code examples
> (c,c++,VB,fortran,mathematica,maple) to share with me. Also would anyone be
> able to give examples of where and how fuzzy logic could be implemented
> in a mining type environment, better yet if you work in the mining industry
> and have actual examples that would be great. These are some of the uses that
> i have come up with in mining which could also be applied to civil engineering
> as well.
> ground control - determination of rock constants based on ground
> conditions, estimation of insitu and induced stresses,
> production - determination of the grade vs. stripping ratio,
> Operations Research
> Blasting - determination of optimum drilling patterns, hole size, etc.
>
> I think that fuzzy logic, from what i understand would benifit the mining
> indsutry in a very postive and cost effective manner. For instances in ground
> control and blasting, Most of the calculations are based on constants that are
> determined not only from the geological data, but also from the engineers years
> of experience.
>
> Any comments or suggestions can be emailed to me by removing the NOSPAM
> from the address
>
> Troy Williams
> fenris@NOSPAMsympatico.ca

Try Earl Cox's 2 books, "Fuzzy Systems Handbook" and "Fuzzy Logic for
Business and Industry", both of which come with code.

Anthony Cowden, Manager, Fuzzy Systems Solutions
Sonalysts, Inc.
Fuzzy Systems Solutions: http://www.sonalysts.com/fuzzy.html
Fuzzy Query (TM): http://www.sonalysts.com/fq.html