Students Request

Juan Molinari (1970@entelchile.net)
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 23:55:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everyone!

I'been tryed to get an answer from the autor without results.
Can anybody Help me ?
PLZZZ
I'll really, really appreciate it.

-----Original Messaje-----
From: Juan Molinari G <1970@entelchile.net>
To: fuzzysys@electriciti.com <fuzzysys@electriciti.com>
Date: Martes 9 de Junio de 1998 03:47 PM
Subject: To F. Martin McNeill

June 9,1998
Dear Mister McNeill:

I am writing to you with the purpose of requesting your assistant or Help in
a problem generated by the softwares of your Book "Fuzzy Logic: A Practical
Approach." We are two students of Electronic Engineering from Chile, and we
are making the Thesis: "Fuzzy Logic: Theory and Applications". This thesis
is condition to obtain our Professional title.

Through Internet we bought the CD of Academic Press, which contained 4 Books
more some softwares, with yours included (Fuzzcalc, KB, etc.). I remark you
that FuzzCalc doesn't work as it should be, due possibly to corrupt files or
problems with the Run Time Libraries (tbproXXw.dll). We take the
installation files an put it in another computer but it showed the same
problem. The operating system used is W95, in a Pentium 150 MHz.

I Beg you help us, since these softwares are important inside our work. The
Problem could be resumed as it follows:

Every time that we assign values to the fuzzy calculators (Unicalc, Famcalc,
etc,) these values are either amplified when we executing the operations or
simply all the results go to a zero value.

We send you two images of this for better understanding.

PD: We have noted that in the book the numbers integers are separate from
the decimals by a point "." and in our version, appears a comma instead ",".

Our sincere gratitude

Juan Molinari

Carlos Madrigal

Both Students of the University of Antofagasta, Chile