Re: Loglinear function

Tom Whalen (dscthw@panther.Gsu.EDU)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 19:02:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Csn you be more specific? I have used fuzzy addition and subtraction with
an interpretation of multiplication and division using the concept of
"linguistic logarithms" in diagnosing financial statments. Linguistic
logarithms are common whenever people talk about things like "a six-figure
income" or "losses in the tens of millions." But I used plain vanilla
membership functions for "high," "medium" and "lo" -- the logarithms were
only in the interpretation.

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Rajkumar Thirumalainambi wrote:
> I am interested to define a membership function for loglinear relation.
> How I should define the membership function to loglinear. Thanks in
> advance.

Tom Whalen whalen@gsu.edu http://www.gsu.edu/~dscthw (404)651-4080
Professor of Decision Science
The Georgia State University "First things first, but not
Atlanta, GA 30303-3083 USA necessarily in that order" - Dr. Who