Re: The "Fit", and some Java Code

Gerald de Jong (NOSPAM.gdj@xs4all.nl)
Mon, 18 May 1998 06:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On 7 May 1998 12:28:30 GMT, "Manny" <mani246@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Every this is an amazing insight but my question is what is the application
>of such a Class. Firstly i didn't follow what you were basically doing with
>Fit and whats the concept behind the fit.
>
>Mani.

with the Fit class and related classes (like Nuance, Scale, And,
Or...) you can basically construct a fuzzy model really quickly and
easily and try it out. the concept behind the fit is simply to encode
a value of either true or false or anywhere in between. turns out you
can do a lot of fun things with that.

given that everybody on this newsgroup is presumably frequenting
high-level conferences and symposia, i figured the tiny bit of code i
wrote would be too trivial to explain.

Gerald A. de Jong, Beautiful Code bv, Rotterdam, NL