Re: Fuzzy Java code?

Gerald de Jong (NOSPAM.gdj@xs4all.nl)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:24:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:08:46 +0100, ulf.nordlund@pal.uu.se (Ulf
Nordlund) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have asked this before, but I thought that since things move so fast in
>both Fuzzy Logic and Java...:
>
>- Is there any Java code library for Fuzzy Logic available somewhere?
>
>I'm trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel...
>
>Cheers,
>Ulf

i played around a little bit, but since it's not something i can seem
to apply to revenue-generating projects at the moment, i've been
putting off working further on it.

i had some great fun, though, defining a data type called "fit" (fuzzy
bit, inspired by Kosko's "Fuzzy Thinking") and building a graphical
user interface, a simple defuzzification mechanism and such. if you'd
like my code to play with and expand i can give it to you.

there should certainly be more Fuzzy Logic work done in Java, firstly
because it could be applied to many different interesting domains, but
also purely for the educational value.

Gerald A. de Jong, Beautiful Code bv, Rotterdam, NL