Re: fuzzy relations: Left Handed Elephants Hunters

Larchie (issah@sprint.ca)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:08:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Damian
A fuzzy relation is an implication mapping and like all mathematical
mappings, you need to have a clear idea of the domains of the key variables
{ e.g. Real -> Real, Complex -> Complex etc} as well as the physical basis
of the problem; which in simple terms means you cannot just map apples to
oranges UNLESS you first define or agree that you are dealing with fruits of
a certain genre.
In a very simplistic form a fuzzy relation is like the correlation function
in hyperspace. So "fuzzy-relating " the height of left-handed elephant
hunters in Boneo with the mating habits of elephants at the San Diego Zoo is
possible but a very dubious exercise indeed..

cheers

I. Larchie
Quansa Ltd
ACCRA GHANA
West Africa

PS: Prof . Mamdanni is a young MAN- at- heart
last seen pottering around Queens College in London.