Re: fuzzy relations

Jonathan G Campbell (jg.campbell@ulst.ac.uk)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:17:09 +0200 (MET DST)

Jonathan G Campbell wrote:

> Damian F Minihan wrote:

[...]
> Now, consider yourself as a seller of odd merchandise. Your best
> customer rings up an asks for immediate delivery of a long lamp-post and
> a medium weight (singing) African frog; you have a 3 kilo frog (A) who
> is so attached to a 4 metre lamp-post that this is the only one he/she
[...]
> Frog B has 0.75 (at 3.25) and 1.0 (at 5), so the composite membership is
> 0.75.
>
> Frog B and the 5 metre lamp-post gets shipped.

And what I forgot to mention, that, slavishly obeying ``crisp'' set
theory, you say that you cannot meet the order -- for the lamp-post that
goes with the medium frog is not truly long.

Best regards,

Jon Campbell

--
Jonathan G Campbell Univ. Ulster Magee College Derry BT48 7JL N. Ireland
+44 1504 375367 JG.Campbell@ulst.ac.uk  http://www.infm.ulst.ac.uk/~jgc/