RE: Industrial wastewater treatment using Fuzzy-Logic/Neural Networks

Constantin von Altrock (cva@inform-ac.com)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Aitor wrote:
> I´m looking for processes, within industrial wastewater treatment, in
which
> fuzzy logic could be usefull. For this, the processes should fulfill one
of
> these conditions:
> 1. Need of expensive on-line control sensors (in order to use fuzzy logic
> accomplish the same performance with cheapier sensors).
> 2. To be a process in which human expertise is necesary (that is,
> traditional automatic control doesn´t work well)

Dear Aitor

There are 4 application notes on fuzzy logic applications in waste water
treatment found in the book "Fuzzy Logic and NeuroFuzzy Applications
Explained" by Prentice Hall 1995. Also, there is a simulation of a fuzzy
logic controlled phosphate precipitation plant with the fuzzyTECH Demo
software release 4.22 you find on the Internet at www.fuzzytech.com. Make
sure to download the (old) release 4.22 because the newer ones do not
contain the phosphate precipitation simulation any more.

Good luck

Constantin