Re: faq & starting books 4 begginer?

Anthony Cowden (cowden@sonalysts.com)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:52:01 +0200 (MET DST)

Will wrote:

> Helder Gomes Monteiro wrote in message <6h5af0$hha$1@ci.ist.utl.pt>...
> >

> > Hi!
> > Can anyone point me to where the faq is and some books for
> > begginers( i assume the faq must point out a few!) ???
>
> I haven't seen the FAQ, is there one? As far as books, I read
> Fuzzy Logic by Daniel McNeill and Paul Freiberger
> ISBN 0671875353
> This gave an interesting overview of the field. No math, just some
> accomplishments and major arguments/topics. It's a pleasant read, and helps
> to give a perspective on the realm.
>
> An Introduction to Fuzzy Logic for Practical Applications
> by Kazuo Tanaka, trans. Tak Niimura
> ISBN 0387948074
>
> This is a quick view of the math involved along with several example
> systems. It is about 200 pages and every bit is packed with useful, easy to
> understand information. If you are a programmer, and you have this book, I
> doubt that you would have trouble putting together a simple fuzzy system in
> a short period of time.
>
> Cheers~
>
> Will

FAQ is VERY dated, but you CAN get to it through our home page (see
below).

Try Earl Cox's 2 books, "The Fuzzy Systems Handbook" and "Fuzzy Logic
for Business and Industry", but McNeil and Freiberger is certainly a
good intro!

Tony

--
***************** http://www.sonalysts.com/fuzzy.htm ******************
Anthony Cowden, Fuzzy Systems Solutions     tel (800) 526-8091 ext.419